Employers in the U.S.
BAFF connects U.S. employers with top international interns. There is no cost to host a BAFF Intern. BAFF provides Professional Interns with a stipend that covers their expenses for up to 12 months through a highly-competitive scholarship program.
This is an opportunity to host a leading university graduate for a year, at no cost to your organization. To increase innovation and productivity, BAFF fully sponsors interns with scholarships matching them to your company’s needs. BAFF Interns:
- Are talented and self-motivated graduates of leading universities
- Can intern for up to 12 months
- Are fluent in English
- Require no salary or benefits
- U.S. visa sponsorship prearranged and guaranteed
- Increase innovation and productivity
- Enhance your company’s diversity initiatives
Why BAFF Interns?
Through a large endowment, the Baltic-American Freedom Foundation is able to provide each BAFF intern with a generous scholarship to cover all living expenses, so you don’t have to provide a salary or benefits. Let BAFF help you tap into the strengths of tomorrow’s global business leaders and compete in a growing international marketplace. In an increasingly diverse economy, international interns provide a way to enhance your business with multilingual skills, a fresh perspective, and global insights.
- BAFF is a free internship placement service.
- BAFF can expand the reach of your company by recruiting prescreened, top university graduates from Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
- Enhance your company’s diversity initiatives by leveraging different and competitively relevant knowledge and viewpoints.
- Carefully screened, qualified interns. We thoroughly screen all applicants to ensure the best-qualified interns for your needs.
Why Hire BAFF Interns?
- Free of Cost: At no cost to you, we recruit highly motivated, talented interns. Employers pay no program, visa, or placement fees to employ a BAFF Intern. Interns are employed in an unpaid capacity and there is no full time hiring commitment. Lastly, all interns are provided with health and liability insurance as a part of their program.
- Exceptional Talent: Highly qualified university students and recent graduates are custom selected from elite universities to meet your business needs. Candidates are rigorously screened for professional skills, personal qualities, and English proficiency to excel at your organization.
- Global and Competitive Advantage: Broaden your company’s knowledge and expertise on foreign markets. Attract new talent and compete in an increasingly global market. Interns contribute not only their professional competencies but also insight on new market opportunities, fresh perspectives, and innovative ideas.
- Diversity: Expose your staff to new perspectives, creating a more dynamic office environment that fosters new ideas, intercultural awareness, and a global way of thinking.
- Hassle Free: From beginning to end, we walk you through the process step by step. CIEE provides personalized support to your organization to ensure that the experience is successful. We make all U.S. work-authorization arrangements and make sure interns are prepared to work upon arrival.
What Does BAFF Offer?
BAFF offers various scholarship opportunities in the United States to legal permanent residents of Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. Through the Professional Internship Program BAFF provides all-inclusive scholarships to top university graduates to complete 6- or 12-month internships at U.S. companies of all sizes.
The Baltic-American Freedom Foundation (BAFF) mission is “to enrich the ties between the United States and Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania, through programs of education and exchange centering on economic growth and democratic processes. Visibly strengthening U.S.-Baltic ties is a core goal.” Learn about our History.
Role of BAFF
The Baltic-American Freedom Foundation (BAFF) provides all-inclusive scholarships to top university graduates to complete 6- or 12-month internships at U.S. companies of all sizes.
From beginning to end, our experience is hassle free. We thoroughly screen all applicants, walk employers through the hiring process step by step, and make all U.S. work-authorization arrangements. We also cover all interns with a $1 million per occurrence general liability and health insurance policy.
Program success is important to us. BAFF provides personalized support to both the company and participants. We are in contact with each intern and company to identify successes or challenges and are available to follow up and personalized support during the internship.
In the event of an emergency involving a participant, CIEE runs a twenty-four hour, seven days a week, year-round emergency support line: 1-888-COUNCIL (1-888-268-6245)
- Create a Job Description
We begin by understanding your requirements and priorities for hiring interns. We couple this with a customized recruitment and service process designed to meet the specific needs of your company.
- Review Resumes & Interview Candidates
We make sure you’ll review resumes of only qualified interns and interview energetic and motivated candidates.
Once you’ve extended an offer to a BAFF Intern, BAFF will facilitate all visa arrangements, provide a thorough orientation, and assist the Intern with relocation advice, to be sure the Intern is ready to hit the ground running upon arrival.
- Customer Service
Program success is important to us. BAFF provides personalized support to both the company and interns. We’re in contact to identify successes or challenges and are available to follow up and personalize support during the internship.
Interested in hiring a talented, self motivated unpaid intern at no cost to your organization? Signing up does not in any way obligate you hire an intern. It will however, ensure that the U.S. Program Manager reaches out to you and answer your questions. Starred fields are required.